Post up your weekend project!!

DONE!
IMG_20160724_032620886.jpg

Must have had the camera tilted pretty good... A photographer I am not.

Only had to reconfigure everything under the sink and change all the electrical around, nothing major. And shim under the counter.

There's some nice aluminum motorsport cable tie bases and cable ties holding the hose under the counter for a high loop. Makes dishwasher go faster.

But it's sooooo quiet. Red LED shining on the floor says it's on. Kind of a shame to peel off the frosted masking film below the handle area, I like the way it looks. Hides fingerprints too.

IMG_20160724_223036867.jpg

The house numbers I designed for some family members came back from the waterjet place out of 1/4 inch aluminum. Need to send them off to get powdercoated, and engineer a simple hidden fastening system with some standoff brackets and VHB tape or something.

Took a while to find some free fonts I liked, but pretty good in the end. I'm more picky than the people who are getting them (that should surprise no one here). The 205 is the one I'm waiting to see on the house; it's hopefully going to really transform the front entrance from a style standpoint. Small thing, but big difference. Not as dramatic as removing the useless ugly shutters though (I was the asshole brother who got to say "I told you so"...). My sister took the house from a plain '60s brick ranch that was a '70s time capsule on the exterior and is now pretty stylish on a small budget.

IMG_20160801_104125380.jpg
IMG_20160801_101753395.jpg

Last edited:

Only had to reconfigure everything under the sink and change all the electrical around, nothing major. And shim under the counter.

There's some nice aluminum motorsport cable tie bases and cable ties holding the hose under the counter for a high loop. Makes dishwasher go faster.

But it's sooooo quiet. Red LED shining on the floor says it's on. Kind of a shame to peel off the frosted masking film below the handle area, I like the way it looks. Hides fingerprints too.

View attachment 225096
What make/model is that? I'm looking for a new dishwasher

Yeah I've dealt wit them before. Usually decent prices too. I'll go check them out

They'll price match anyone as well, so if Lowes or whoever is having a sale, they'll match. Keep an eye out for Bosch rebates as well.

It's a SHP65TL5UC, I just looked at the receipt on my cloud drive.

View attachment 225096
My aunt installed a Bosch maybe 2 years ago. There is a tiny plastic piece where either the water line or discharge connects. It is really easy to overtighten and break it, and there has been known defects with it straight from the factory.

You won't see a leak until it's too late. She had to replace a large portion of the kitchen floor down to subfloor. Last I heard she was still talking with Bosch about the repairs. I would recommend keeping an eye on it nonetheless.

More like a week long project for Kids Camp at church..... complete with rotating pyramid and functional water ducts!

KIMG0447.jpg

Simple headlight bulb replacement?

I think NOT

WTF v-dub?!?!?!

View attachment 225281

I had to do something similar for the wife's Subaru turn signal bulb, but ended up pulling back the fender liner and doing it through there instead. Painful, but got it done with only minor scrapes and bruises on my arms.

Changing all the Bosch electrical, ignition, fuel system parts that will fail on that VW is much easier. ;)

Had to stop one project
IMG_20160812_210534428.jpg

To start another project

IMG_20160814_111947295_HDR.jpg

Previous owner/builder messed it up bad then tried to hide it with rock. Cleaned it off and having the flats taken out and then stuccoed.

20160827_175718.jpg
20160827_175727.jpg

Helped my Dad build a dog lot. I think he went a little overboard for two dogs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Finished both projects this weekend! I'll have to grab a pic of chimney tomorrow. The list was long and many little add ons as I went.
IMG_20160803_231048007_HDR.jpg

I like my Jeep's like my women, 20 years old and full of problems!
IMG_20160731_141425674_HDR.jpg

I replaced all of the cooling system and a/c system, blower motor and controls, fuel tank and sending unit and fresh filters fluids and shoes.

IMG_20160802_243426613.jpg

IMG_20160811_225654220.jpg
the wiring was an absolute nightmare. It had been cut and patched with electrical tape and butt connectors everywhere. I spent a day at the junkyard getting original wiring and soldering and heat shrinking everything back together.

IMG_20160828_130737741.jpg

She's now back together and headed for the a/c man in the morning.
IMG_20160828_225045943.jpg

Back