Post up your weekend project!!

Installed some unfinished engineered white oak in the house the other night and now it's time to sand and finish it. I would have preferred solid 3/4 hardwoods but my house is built on a slab and without a major undertaking solid just wouldn't work.
This product is made by Somerset Flooring out of Tennessee. If your ever in the market look into their line of products, solid or engineered. As an installer of many different brands and mills over the years their products are consistently top notch. Anyway, 2 coats of sealer/primer and I was off glueing. I hate glue :kaioken: :flipoff:

IMG_20160906_203756600.jpg
IMG_20160909_190852101.jpg

tr.png

My Redneck Crossbow toter
Posted: Today, 19:19
file.php

I did not want to spend $$$ on a +bow case only to have it take up deck space and bounce all over, trip all over. So I improvised and the result is a functional, secure bracket that isolates the bow/scope from shock in chop when my boat pounds.

I bought a piece of PVC 4x4 post cover at Home Depot. 1 piece made 2 brackets. I used 4 pieces of 2" layered packaging foam I found at work shaped to fit snug when the bow is strapped down w velcro for the shock isolating medium along w 1" round, firm pipe insulation slipped on the stirrup, that sits on the deck when the bow is secured. I marked and cut the PVC w a cordless circular saw after clamping the piece down, shoved/wedged the foam into the 4x4 ( trial and shaping the 2" foam w a serrated kitchenknife till it held the foregrip of the bow snug before the velcro is tightened and presto chango, a holder that secures the bow nicely while isolating it from any shock that might bump the scope off. I screwed the bracket to a piece of treated decking board and drilled/screwed it to the boat w 4 # 10 or 12 stainless screws and it can be installed and removed at will.

...now it's time to cast and shish kabob :D

Last edited:
tr.png

My Redneck Crossbow toter
Posted: Today, 19:19
file.php

I did not want to spend $$$ on a +bow case only to have it take up deck space and bounce all over, trip all over. So I improvised and the result is a functional, secure bracket that isolates the bow/scope from shock in chop when my boat pounds.

I bought a piece of PVC 4x4 post cover at Home Depot. 1 piece made 2 brackets. I used 4 pieces of 2" layered packaging foam I found at work shaped to fit snug when the bow is strapped down w velcro for the shock isolating medium along w 1" round, firm pipe insulation slipped on the stirrup, that sits on the deck when the bow is secured. I marked and cut the PVC w a cordless circular saw after clamping the piece down, shoved/wedged the foam into the 4x4 ( trial and shaping the 2" foam w a serrated kitchenknife till it held the foregrip of the bow snug before the velcro is tightened and walla, a holder that secures the bow nicely while isolating it from any shock that might bump the scope off. I screwed the bracket to a piece of treated decking board and drilled/screwed it to the boat w 4 # 10 or 12 stainless screws and it can be installed and removed at will.

...now it's time to cast and shish kabob :D

Yeahh-walla.jpg

IMG_20160917_023808.jpg

Electric golf cart rears.. these have been a headache. I had a pair of donor axles, different length input shaft, different intermediate bearing, different axle mounting. New gears but must have come from a later model cart. no brackets for brakes.. Transferring brackets from the one to the other rear end. The center housing broke at the input shaft rear bearing, due to the input length difference. Gahhhhhhhhh, 2 hr job per rear turned into 15 hours on the first and ten on the second. Plus it messed up the motor which I need to figure out. Pm me if anyone has tips on brushless DC motors. The other cart drives but somethings toasting in the motor and it's slow. Shorted windings? It had enough axial load to kill a radial back bearing. So I'm working on turning chicken manure to chicken salad. At least after they are fixed they are sold. (Didn't help they were running these cars up a 30* slope. Oh and they can carry 8 people since they are stretched. Quite a bit of weight, explains blowing out the gears. First time I had the wrong parts, oh how I wish I had told them to send them back, too late now and I'm past the point of getting all my labor, working for yourself sucks sometimes. I'm my best friend and worst enemy) at least they went to new Kawasaki Mules (seem to be built for what they need.. don't care for CVT belt drive myself though)

Ranger 2.5 to drop in, a Honda bottom to rebuild, VTEC code first, driving trouble shooting.. started knocking in under 40 miles. Welp, oil pressure was the fault.

Last edited:
Two oak trees, both about 3-4' at the stump.

Guess i will have plenty of fire wood after i get it processed.
20160916_140824.jpg

20160916_092226.jpg

20160916_140801.jpg

Last edited:
Black carpenter ants, acorns all over my concrete patio and new roof.

The other was my neighbors tree. Top was dieing and he was afraid would fall on my bedroom when the ice comes this winter.

The company I work for has a duct cleaning division (which I also work in). They found out I can turn wrenches and weld so the overtime pay projects keep rolling in. Nothing like getting paid to do what I love doing on a Sunday night.
This is a 4200cfm negative air machine that the handle broke off of. It weighs about 180# and gets toted up and down stairs all day. Well, easy fix.
IMG_20160928_182639789.jpg

IMG_20160928_182650847.jpg

IMG_20160928_214023791.jpg

My wife wanted a bench for the house to put just inside the garage entrance. I have never built anything out of wood other than nailing and screwing 2x4's etc together, so this was my first wood working project. I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. I actually thought I was going to go to Lowe's and buy some 2x whatever and build it. It did not take long before I realized that I needed real wood, and so I ended up at Wall Lumber up in Mayodan. Once I saw the state that raw lumber actually comes in, I almost left and bailed on the project, but I ended up coming home with some soft maple. I then proceeded to try and cut the stuff up with a circular saw because that is all that I had. It did not take long before I realized that I needed a table saw. I picked one up off Craigslist, figured out how to use it, and I was off and running. if I do anymore wood working, I will also buy a sliding compound miter saw. one of those would have really helped. Here is the final product.

The wood as bought from the mill. This is left over. I bought too much.
IMG_20161030_092819417.jpg

IMG_20161030_092245304.jpg

IMG_20161030_092306874.jpg

IMG_20161030_092230055.jpg

IMG_20161030_092253650.jpg

2-1/8" thick by 7-3/4". One is 8-3/4". Are you interested in buying them? i don't know if I am going to use them. I'm unsure if my wood working hobby is over or if it has just begun. According to my wife it has just begun.

Dude. that bench is amazing.

Nice work.

That's a lot of tobacco baskets.
Where you find them. You can't find a decent one around here anymore. Those look almost new

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I'm not real good at too many things but I'm real good at finding stuff.I had about 20 that were pretty rough but it was a take all or none deal.I have about 30 that are perfect.Payin for em is harder than findin em most of the time.

Have a few left from back in the day when my great grandfather raised backer. They seem really hard to find in WNC that are in good shape.
We stopped usin em around 86/87 and my grandmother took an axe and chopped up the worst ones for kindling.I figure most of em met the same fate.I talked to guy a month or so ago and he told me about a place in KY that had about 2000 they had pulled out of an old warehouse a couple of years ago.Said they tried to get $5 a piece out of em and wound up throwing a match to 2/3's of em.Thanks to pinterest and all the home decorating shows/websites they are red hot right now.I sent 40 to Savannah Ga last week.

Back