Random pic thread.

Bulk of the construction is complete. I got the gutter drains buried today, edging and fabric installed, and the wife picked out the stone at the local yard. We decided to let the 6x6 posts dry out through the summer before we skin them with white metal to match the rest. It all fits!
07A2BD54-3E49-44C3-ACB0-CE3B813109F5.jpeg
7F7DC023-A44E-48F7-AA90-EDAED8629EC5.jpeg
91F191FD-A6A4-4EBF-8321-8C98E0885F2D.jpeg

Brought home a nice cedar log from my parents house today that has been hanging out since hurricane Hugo in 1989. Hopefully it's dry by now.
IMG_20200222_150524.jpg
IMG_20200222_150510.jpg

97jeepxj2dr

Don't cap treated wood with aluminum, it will corrode.

It’s getting capped with something white. They aren’t staying exposed. My understanding is that it’ll corrode while the lumber is still “wet”. After it dries out through the summer, we can skin them with no issues.

97jeepxj2dr

Don't cap treated wood with aluminum, it will corrode.

It’s getting capped with something white. They aren’t staying exposed. My understanding is that it’ll corrode while the lumber is still “wet”. After it dries out through the summer, we can skin them with no issues.

what about PVC?

You have to wrap them with lauan completely before the aluminum goes on. Regardless of whether its "dried out" or not. The aluminum cannot come in contact with the treated wood

Doc told me no shop for 1 month. I lasted 3 days :)
9def6d64a7cc98fbde98b9943482954d.jpg

Bulk of the construction is complete. I got the gutter drains buried today, edging and fabric installed, and the wife picked out the stone at the local yard. We decided to let the 6x6 posts dry out through the summer before we skin them with white metal to match the rest. It all fits!

Uhhh, 6000 mile Rotella and diesel fuel, apply liberally.

As others said, the treatment which is MCA is corrosive to aluminum. Since it is pressure impregnated into the wood, it will continue to leach out over time. It will need a barrier to keep that from happening.
Looks great buddy!

That’s exactly what happens to the fence.

Sounds nice. How little?

Over 1000 acres but another 3k untouched.
It's a legit piece of property. Dude has zero interest to make it anything more than a place wheel with buddies in his free time.
He, like me, has seen what happens when you church up a piece of property for the masses.

Dropped of my Freebies, at Restore in Gastonia, Saturday. Saw some awesome HD shelf hangers/brackets there!
If you want to see the rest of my "Saturday Tour", visit my post on
Hot rods, street rods, muscle cars and old trucks!

I've had good luck at my re-store a couple of times when they have a bunch of something like that...just ask how much for "all of them". Sticker price might say $8 each, but they'll just throw out something cheap like thirty bucks for the bin (that might have 20 pieces in it).

Back