"Take 92" - YJ Linked with Nines

I really like those motobilt bumpers, can't wait to see the rear one he is coming out with soon.

I hope to have parts back in the shop later this week to start welding out. It shouldn't be too much longer.

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2015_07_MB1024_IG.jpg

Looking great Ken. Let me know if I can help with anything else. I am glad you like the bumper.

FYI... for others I have one sitting on the shelf with a stinger ready to ship. Call us at the shop or check it out on our website. Lets get one on the way to you.

Yeah, and the bracket is pretty substantial. It probably hits on the little nubs for the D rings.

Yeah, and the bracket is pretty substantial. It probably hits on the little nubs for the D rings.

I am sure I could make one work :)

when I was on my moab trip I kept having gear axle leaking of my rear axle which I temporarily fixed with the RIGHT Stuff gasket sealer. we thought it was the axle seals but after many times of driving and wheeling we have figured out that we think the original breather tube in the 9" axle tube was never sealed when the rear brace was welded on or there is a hole in the tube inside the rear brace so gear fluid is leaking into the rear brace then dripping out the sides when I lean the jeep to the side.

the white circle areas are where I have now welded up the brace so looks like i may be carrying extra diff fluid if anyone ever needs any when wheeling :)

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_new5088.jpg

Those side view mirror mounts you bought; Do you like them? Think they will work on the CJ windshield?

I do like them.. I leaned the entire jeep onto one when at moab and the mirror smashed but the bracket was fine. I think they would work on a cj-7 but not sure on the earlier ones..

finally took off the rear air shocks and drained and refilled the fluid..hoping this helps a bunch when going over woops

they had about 275cc in them and we filled them to 400 to test and see the difference

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0007.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0006.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0008.jpg

difference in old oil vs new oil
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0005.jpg

Lemme guess: The remote wasn't included, and the power leads were cut off 6" from the solenoid pack?

astatic.thefrisky.com_uploads_2012_08_17_catchphrase_paris.jpg

Lemme guess: The remote wasn't included, and the power leads were cut off 6" from the solenoid pack?

Nope. It was legit and has all the parts with it :)

^ 2! your work is great!! im in Raleigh too!

Happy to say I took the Jeep out and it did awesome..

this is always a great view when starting the weekend
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0934.jpg

the 4 link kit flexed great and made easy work of some very hard trails in Harlan KY

Trails we did, lower rock garden, middle rock garden, upper rock garden, killing time, Lower Profanity, Upper Profanity, lions den and a few more I forget the names

On Thursday around 5:30, we headed up to the trails… it was getting close to dark, so we decided to hit some of the closer trails:

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0935.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0936.jpg

Lower Rock Garden:
The Jeep did great but I quickly learned that my tires were not aired down enough.. so that was on the to do list for Friday

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0942.jpg

Fish Fossil:
It was now dark there was mud and still not much traction. It was a good opportunity to test out the new LED light bar.. IE: only time I have actually had a reason to use it :)

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0946.jpg

Day 2: Friday, March 4

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0960.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0961.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0962.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0982.jpg

Day 3: Saturday, March 5
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0966.jpg

Lions Den:

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0998.jpg

A buddy asked to ride shotgun
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_0996.jpg

Me exiting the Den

And how not to drive up the trail
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_1008.jpg

Love that place. Where is that last pict of what looks like you on your side?

Back