"Take 92" - YJ Linked with Nines

just looked over your whole build...very awesome and professional work. nice work, nice jeep, and blessed trips!

I did drive the jeep with just a cat on it and it was not loud at all so I am not expecting it to be that much louder but we will see

If you remember I had an issue with the filler neck hose kinking so I sent the JAZ filler neck to Mars Fab (http://marsfab.com/) and had Chris modify the neck for me.. it turned out Awesome and works perfect now.

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7179.JPG

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7180.JPG

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7181.JPG

and here it is installed
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7182.JPG

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7183.JPG

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7184.JPG

well I found out then when I tried put gas into the tank the fuel was backing up the filler tube and not flowing nicely past the rollover flap inside the gas tank.. I took off the roll over vent line and it then it worked great with no backup at all.

what I realized was I connected the rollover vent line to the stock canister and it was to restrictive. so I went and got some more fuel line and rotated a figure 8 around the tank then down under the jeep into a extra fuel filter.. and now it works great with no issue of fuel backing up into the tube.

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7188.JPG

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7189.JPG

I also worked on getting the bestop rear area cover cut and fit to help cover the fuel cell area.. it is in but I still need do a little more to make it perfect. hard to see threw the soft top window

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7190.JPG

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7191.JPG

last thing I did was wire up the CB.
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7193.JPG

Happy to say the Jeep worked well again expect for one small dumb thing on my part..

We towed down a two car trailer with my buddies Toy on it as a test also.

all this testing is to get ready for my buddy to drive from NC to Johnson Valley in 2 weeks and then I use the trailer and drive from NC to Moab in mid May.. trying to make sure our rigs are ready and tested before we tow across the country :)

the issue I found was 100 feet onto the first trail.. my Jeep over heated. but it was my fault. I have a temp sense that is connected to my electric fan and when I shut off the jeep the dang thing will run for about 30 mins before it cools off enough to shut down so I have slowly been twisting the the adjuster screw to have it not run so long. well i think I turned it off (OOPS) so soon as we got off main road and onto the trail it over heated due to the fan not turning on.. I moved the adjuster and fan kicked on and we were good for the rest of the day.

loaded up.
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7200.JPG

taking a break.
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7194.JPG

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7195.JPG

Buddies Toy
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_IMG_7196.JPG

well I got lucky and while working @ Good Guys show one of the vendors (ridetech) let me use his scales to get some weights of the jeep.

almot full tank of fuel, some tools and I was not in the jeep

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_jeepscale.JPG

not hard core at all but needed to get mirrors back on the jeep
found some cheap mirror mounts on amazon and what a pain in the ass it was to get the old bolts off.. had to drill them out, and trying to get my hand up behind the dash was very interesting. took way longer then it should have.

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7287.JPG

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7288.JPG

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7289.JPG

I also found a cheap rear view mirror.. this one is made to clip over your existing mirror. I just zip tied it to the overhead roll cage bar to see how it would work.. so now I need to make a little metal tab to actually mount it for the long run.. but it will work well once done

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7291.JPG

kind of corny but hey the jeep performed great in all our clubs games and I won overall

Plus it made my son very happy
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7313.jpg

momma needed some steps on the jeep.. so I made some quick rock rails that I can use to slide on and also gives her a step when climbing in and out

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7320.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7321.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7322.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7323.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7324.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7325.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7326.jpg

what and AWESOME TRIP.

myself and 3 buddies towed our rigs across the country to Moab Utah and had an absolute BLAST.

the Jeep worked great with very few issues..

I found out I need to add some more oil to the air shocks for better compression rates and I also have a small leak in rear diff that I need to take apart and reseal. Damn Jeep crawled everything and worked just like I thought it would.. I even held 55 around the highways with no issues and was super stable.. so the jeep has been fully tested finally and I am very happy to say it worked just as I hoped and maybe even better.. the motobilt 4 link worked great with no issues at all.

loaded up and heading out
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_headedout.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_utahtow.jpg

Kane Creek Trail
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_kanecreek1.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_kanecreek2.jpg

MOab Rim
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_moabrim1.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_moabrim2.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_utah1.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_utah2.jpg

top of the world

looking out the front window
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_topofworld1.jpg

side view
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_topofworld2.jpg

we had to stop for a rain storm on way to the top
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_topofworld3.jpg

parked out on the rock
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_topofworld4.jpg

we also hit AREA BFE and had a blast

we ran Helldorado and Britney Spears

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_areabfe.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_helldorado1.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_helldorado2.jpg

Ever since I bought the 4 link kit from Dan @motobilt I have been wanting one of his new front bumpers for a while and he had a sale over the 4th so I took advantage of it and grabbed one

nicely wrapped for shipping
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7969.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_7970.jpg

Back