The future of cars

How much does a new battery pack cost for a Tesla? How many miles are they good for?

But there are other places that do it other than tesla.

Tesla Model S owner passes incredible one million mile mark, but may switch to Lucid he is getting like 125k+ miles out of a battery before replacement
This 2018 Tesla Model 3 Passed the 300,000-Mile Mark, Here's What You Need To Know has 300k on it with the original pack and says it has 80% life left

charging.png

Thought you all would find this interesting like me. I also read they now had tankers that could haul the fuel and there is some push for infrastructure either coming or in the works.

100% agree, awesome driving, cool car. But damn its just boring to watch.
Hmm, I took @Bebop 's comment as sarcasm. Regardless, electric cars definitely don't sound as good as boom-boom engines. But I still found it well worth the watch just for the driving dynamics.

Hmm, I took @Bebop 's comment as sarcasm. Regardless, electric cars definitely don't sound as good as boom-boom engines. But I still found it well worth the watch just for the driving dynamics.

Well, I'm probably wrong as usual. But for the driving it was worth it, but it was just lacking for me in the "excitement" of the normal videos.

No.

I really like the EV drivetrain behind the wheel.

But watching this was really boring.

I feel like as a spectator, I need the ICE noises / flames / pops and bangs to fully immerse myself in the action.

On an entertainment perspective, I think this is shit vs the Hoonicorn.

hence we have weird ass shit like this

Couldn't decide which thread was most appropriate bc it crosses so many topics
Received this email today - I work on a massive Army post.
It really made me LOL

1670341353379.png

I love "it's a safety & security problem" and not "You're stealing from the government, that juice comes from somewhere."
Admittedly the loss from this is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to the ridiculous building and vehicle here and lackluster work attitude.

Nothing says our power grid is ready for everyone to go EV like the power company threatening outages on Christmas because it got a little colder than usual…

View attachment 388048
Thank heavens there was no red wave and we can all be forced to go electric for all new domestic boilers and residential heating by 2025 🤘🏼

Nothing says our power grid is ready for everyone to go EV like the power company threatening outages on Christmas because it got a little colder than usual…

View attachment 388048
And from a good friend in the power industry who was being very selective with his words when I was talking to him about it "It doesn't help when traditional coal plants have been basically forced off line by economics" (LGB) and " It's unfortunate this kinda crap has to happen but it does wake folks up to the drawbacks of the zero carbon push at a speed that hurts reliability" again (LGB)

And from a good friend in the power industry who was being very selective with his words when I was talking to him about it "It doesn't help when traditional coal plants have been basically forced off line by economics" (LGB) and " It's unfortunate this kinda crap has to happen but it does wake folks up to the drawbacks of the zero carbon push at a speed that hurts reliability" again (LGB)
This has been going on for over a decade, so it's a bit disingenuous to blame it all on Biden. He, and all of his liberal counterparts that scream "science!" while choosing to ignore actual science are the problem. The answer is nuclear, but noone wants it in their backyard.

Back