What have you done to your rig today?

Started color matching the armor. May try and get the corners done next weekend.

a2609cc58ae4375b149763bbe22126de.jpg

I like how your control arm brackets aren't curled under and beat to shit. Do you heat them up with a torch and straighten them back out after every trip?
Notice how the arms are all nice and red?

Typically I remove them, straighten the mounts with a massive "several-16ths" (24" adjustable Wrench), paint the frame, axles, suspension and mounts black, then repaint the arms red again before reassembly. Gotta look good for the next rides photo ops on day 1 ya know :D:cool:

That's a lot of work just for mall street cred. Pretty sure mine will stay fubar until I cut them off to stretch the rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Pretty sure mine will stay fubar until I cut them off to stretch the rear.

You may want to concentrate on learning a little finesse in its current configuration....at least enough to NOT come home to momma having to explain more body damage.....before further altering that TJ :huggy:

Only @Joe J. Can "joe jones" an obstacle without body damage

You may want to concentrate on learning a little finesse in its current configuration....at least enough to NOT come home to momma having to explain more body damage.....before further altering that TJ :huggy:

Only @Joe J. Can "joe jones" an obstacle without body damage

Well there's a new "Joe Jones" in town and he goes by Chris Keziah. Body damage just adds character, if I drive a rig that hasn't hugged a tree at least once then it could never fully be mine.

You know I could say the same to you about a little finesse Mr. I bought a 4.3 Atlas:cool:. Pretty sure @shawn or @trailhugger don't need an Atlas to wheel :flipoff2:

You know I could say the same to you about a little finesse Mr. I bought a 4.3 Atlas

Keep in mind too, I'm 22 years out of college into a career, have an established 401k, grown kids and make enough money to NOT have to finance anything......even a new car if I so desire.
That's not bragging...that wisdom I'm attempting to bestow upon you in that you don't NEED it all now....many wheel years and years before they're at a place where they can throw money at their rigs.
There's no need to "go out and get" anything more at this point. Your TJ is more than sufficient to tackle ANY ORV the CTB hit thruout the year.
Don't fall into the trap almost all 20somethings do by trying to keep up with the Jones. Because Joe will break your bank trying to keep up with him :cool:

Keep what you got. Pay it all off. And when you have those titles, a manageable mortgage, and school supplies well licked, THEN look at stretch/tons/LS etc

Just free advice

Keep in mind too, I'm 22 years out of college into a career, have an established 401k, grown kids and make enough money to NOT have to finance anything......even a new car if I so desire.
That's not bragging...that wisdom I'm attempting to bestow upon you in that you don't NEED it all now....many wheel years and years before they're at a place where they can throw money at their rigs.
There's no need to "go out and get" anything more at this point. Your TJ is more than sufficient to tackle ANY ORV the CTB hit thruout the year.
Don't fall into the trap almost all 20somethings do by trying to keep up with the Jones. Because Joe will break your bank trying to keep up with him :cool:

Keep what you got. Pay it all off. And when you have those titles, a manageable mortgage, and school supplies well licked, THEN look at stretch/tons/LS etc

Just free advice

All true and great advice.
Or do what I did and get snipped early in life and blow all the money you want to on yourself!
School supplies? WTH are those?

Just free advice

When we hit that age in 20 years the liberals will have closed all OHV riding anyways :D I like to keep the jones' in sight :huggy:

3 inch downpipe on the 7.3 . I won't say how long it took, but I didn't start today.
How long did this take you? and do you have any pointers before I tackle this??

I bought the diamond eye 2 peice. I cut off about 1.25" off of the top pipe (I believe it was the top). Hacked up the seam of the firewall with the sawzall pretty good. Make sure you have plenty of PPE for that sawzall job. I ended up with 2 shards in my eye and I wore goggles. I slipped a rag between the pancake pipe and the turbo before chopping the pancake pipe. Go at it with a fresh Lenox blade and you shouldn't have any problems. Realistically, I bet it took me 4 hours over the course of 2 days. But pretty much everything I do takes 3 times longer than most.

I don't have a pyro gauge yet, but I feel a little better towing. I'd say in the intake is 15 percent louder now. @Van-go

Last edited:
Hmm, I'd say the track bar may be a touch too short.

If you have a stock front TJ pansoft bar, I'd love to know how long it is, center to center.

I have the jks in mine but I can still get an eye to eye measurement if need be.

Back