Time to build a shop of my own

Have you got a dang quote yet? We're all here just itching to justify why we were right!

Dude #1 said to give him a week to get everything together. He is super busy for a fact (I see his company on a lot of commercial sites around town)
Meeting with another contractor this week to help grow some grass at the house. Then I will set up meetings/quotes with 2 other building contractors.

The hell kind of owner are you? You're supposed to give the GC too low of a budget and give him 3 days to turn around his estimate.

I try to be the supplier that makes the GC happy when their sub has their material ahead of schedule!
I usually wait for the estimator who missed the FRT portion of the lumber spec to beat me up to cover their mistake. Let's not even mention FSC costs...

IF you get a quote, I bet it’s 5 weeks or more and he won’t be able to start for 6 months.
My "150 day contract" was slated to be mid-September completion. But #becauseTrump I'm still not finished. I don't want to "settle" either. I want the subs I want to do the work the right way 1 time. For that...you pay by having to wait for THEM to fit YOU in.
I'm terrified to call my grader to see how long I'm out for a basement.

3 prices min 7 weeks out.

Seems to me biggest problem is they take on so much more work than they are capable of in a timeframe. Great people, good work, shitty timing. Of course with the shop project here at home, I'm an OCD asshole, I watched every move. Told them once they couldn't cordinate a birthday party. But damn I hate being lied too.

Back