We Bought a RV Clark!! Oh no! Rebuild thread

I'm telling ya...most dont mess with guys like me.
20190701_200426.jpg

If anything just swap the bulbs for LED when they give out. Problem solved. This thing is coming along so amazingly!!
Probly more serviceable that way, long term, anyway.

If you guys remember the rounded wooden blocks we made for the front and rear upper corners, you might remember that my buddy Kieth used a few cans of expanding foam to fill in the voids. Not only does it act like insulation, but the foam also helps strengthen the outside frp. Making it more solid on the inside.
That was the front end and it will work.
However, that was months ago. Now it's time to do the same for the rear. After looking at this section over and over during work on the walls.. I had a brilliant idea literally hit me in the back of the head.
20190722_195429.jpg

While cleaning up one day, Bobby threw a small chunk of foamboard out of the rear window. I was under said window changing the trash bag in the can below the window.
Bobby said" what are you going to do with all of that leftover foamboard?" (I still have several 4x8 sheets of it)
Suddenly...I knew what needed to happen.

I cut a chunk of it and used the pattern I had to make it round on the edge..then fit it into position.

20190702_222814.jpg

Next, I just whittled it here and there and made it into the final shape I needed.
20190702_222904.jpg

20190702_224133.jpg

Then I marked and cut about 50 pcs.
20190709_000641.jpg

I cut some plywood pieces into the same shape.
I used glue in between every piece . This made it pretty ridgid.And keeps it from SQUEEKING!
20190716_213111.jpg

20190716_220328.jpg

Now I have a solid filled round back part. No expanding foam mess. And, I used up a bunch of foamboard. I was rather pleased with how this idea turned out. Even if it did take forever to accomplish.

I cut a piece of paneling to cover it all up. I used the wooden peices on the inside to screw my paneling to.
Keep in mind, this section will never be seen again once the bedroom shelves/cabinets go in. So dont mind my uneven looking screwso_O

15638406182046126466591282026698.jpg

Last edited:
Next up. Bed frame!

I tore out all of the original bedframe/storage area etc.. in the back bedroom. Now it's time to rebuild. Building it all new, out of scratch will allow me to make all the plumbing more accessible.

First up..frame work. 17" tall will give plenty of room to clear the fresh water holding tank.
Adding paneling to both sides of the framework completes the look and also makes it strong.
20190703_121053.jpg

20190703_122855.jpg
20190703_122929.jpg

Next..its time to cut out some sections that will allow passage for my plumbing and electrical.
20190703_124130.jpg

First wall in
20190703_125753.jpg

20190703_125800.jpg

Dylan you've got this ability to come up with simple solutions that befuddle most folks because they either overthink it or dont have a clue what they're doing.
Even if you ARE out there with no clue what you're doing, you find a way to make it work and work well. Your determination and unwillingness to accept defeat is inspiring.
I mean really inspiring.
And to do all this without getting all bent outta shape, that's huge. I know (now) it's just part of your personality and positive attitude, but this project would be enough to frustrate NORMAL folks to the point of calling in Matt for cleanup

Dylan you've got this ability to come up with simple solutions that befuddle most folks because they either overthink it or dont have a clue what they're doing.
Even if you ARE out there with no clue what you're doing, you find a way to make it work and work well. Your determination and unwillingness to accept defeat is inspiring.
I mean really inspiring.
And to do all this without getting all bent outta shape, that's huge. I know (now) it's just part of your personality and positive attitude, but this project would be enough to frustrate NORMAL folks to the point of calling in Matt for cleanup

Kind kind words sir! I appreaciate every one of them. But dont be fooled, I have had plenty of absolutely frickin frustrating moments.. But, I've always calmed down just short of calling for Matt and his fire fix.:D

A couple glances inside.

Water heater hole
20190722_223712.jpg

Fresh water tank and storage area.
20190722_223603.jpg

Little in 'between' tunnel. Crossover plumbing, electrical and water accumulator are in here.
20190722_223556.jpg

get some nice trunk struts to hold the bed up when putting stuff inside it.. it will get heavy with a mattress on it.

Back